Moulin Kirk is dedicated to St Colm or St Colman, who first brought Christianity to the area, a firm stronghold of the Picts.
It is written that a Pictish Chief, on first becoming a Christian, would build a Church within his principal fort and it is believed that this may well have been the case in Moulin.
A stone over the vestry is dated 1613 so it would seem that a church has stood on the present site since then.
The first Statistical account, written late in the 18th century tells us that Moulin Church was enlarged in 1704 and again in 1787 “the insides repaired and newseated, the windows enlarged, the walls plastered and the roof ceiled” all this because of the growth of the congregation under the Rev. Alexander Stewart’s ministry.
In 1749 a church bell was purchased from a Rotterdam foundry.
Various records show that the church was rebuilt in 1830/31 and again in 1875 after a disastrous fire which gutted the building.
During the rebuilding in 1875 the original tower was replaced by a spire.
The last Gaelic Service was held in the Church towards the end of the 19th century.
The Church was closed for public worship in 1989.
From time to time various organisations used the Church for exhibitions, but by 2003 it became obvious that work had to be carried out to make it wind and watertight and Pitlochry Church of Scotland put it up for sale.
The Church was bought in 2004 by Chris Tomlinson and Heather Reeves of Moulin Hotel, whose vision was, and is, to create a Heritage Centre within the walls of the old church.